Okay so I'm only here in Paris for the year and my goal of course is to become as French as possible. I'm taking classes and learning the language and eating the baguettes, but I have to say that going into a French hairdressers was...a little to much for me. I don't think I'm super vain about my hair or anything, it's just the language barrier is one thing if I order the wrong food and a totally other thing if I get my head shaved two weeks in. So call me a coward, but I decided to try and find an English speaking hairdresser here in Paris.
In my search I came across an English speaking salon for expats called Stylepixie in Ivry..just outside of Paris. It wasn't hard to get to...although I must admit when I got there I was a little surprised cause it was in a warehouse and not what I expect a salon to look like, but once I went inside it was totally awesome! It was this cool big open warehouse space like a loft salon I once went to in NYC. My stylist Lexi was great! She did a perfect job on my color and cut and the atmosphere was really cool.. English magazines..which I must admit was a treat since I haven't read on since leaving the states and an adorable dog that serves as their sort of mascot! So..I may have gone the non-french way but I have to say I love my hair so the trade off isn't so bad. Now if I can just find an English speaking Gyno I'll be all set!
In my search I came across an English speaking salon for expats called Stylepixie in Ivry..just outside of Paris. It wasn't hard to get to...although I must admit when I got there I was a little surprised cause it was in a warehouse and not what I expect a salon to look like, but once I went inside it was totally awesome! It was this cool big open warehouse space like a loft salon I once went to in NYC. My stylist Lexi was great! She did a perfect job on my color and cut and the atmosphere was really cool.. English magazines..which I must admit was a treat since I haven't read on since leaving the states and an adorable dog that serves as their sort of mascot! So..I may have gone the non-french way but I have to say I love my hair so the trade off isn't so bad. Now if I can just find an English speaking Gyno I'll be all set!

No comments:
Post a Comment